Pages

Sunday 28 October 2012

The Cage of my Mind

I struggle to pen thoughts to paper.
Not finding sense in the rhymes that I hear.
I battle with words and with speech.
To keep them locked inside, my greatest fear.

Do you understand my confusion?
The jumble of letters and emotion in my head.
A mess of colour, thought and feeling.
To be tamed only when I'm dead.

How do I tell you of the chaos I feel?
How do I show you the storm of words?
They flutter to and fro, here and there.
A rush of wings, like glittering birds.

A maelstrom of screams and cries,
The clash of weapons in battle.
The war is won, my enemy the victor
I am left to my insane prattle.

Left hostage to my own mind.
Unable to sing, speak or cry.
The chains and rope are tied and bind.
And you leave me here to die.

1 comment: